Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning Suggestions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got a grill and used it last night. The instructions don't say anything about cleaning the grill surface after cooking. Anyone have any insight or suggestions? [p]Can the grill surface be scraped with my standard grill tool? [p]Please let me know how you all handle it.[p]Thanks.

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    New Owner,
    I clean mine with a brass brush,it does best when the grid is hot.
    Larry

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    New Owner, I have one of those little twisty-wire things that weber sells for cleaning grills. Seems to work well. I also have used crumbled up aluminum foil to clean it as well. Like Larry says, they all work better when the grill is hot.

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    New Owner,
    I've had a customer who cleaned their grill every time they used it like they used to have to do with their old grill. Within a couple of months, they were back getting a new grill because they had scrubbed the porcelin off the grill. I usually just put mine in the BGE when I've lighted it and it's getting the temperature up to where I want it. That usually burns off anything left. If there is still some gross things on the grill, I have a brush I run over the grill. Hope this helps.
    Julie

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    New Owner,
    One of the best and easiest ways to clean is to sear some steaks. Putting the grill on and then bringing the egg to 700+ degrees will burn off anything left on the grill.