Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Ribs

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just had me a mess of leftover pork spare ribs for lunch here at my desk. I cooked them last weekend. They were good then and were good today. Got some more for another day.[p]I don't want to brag but I think I'm really get'n the hang of cook'n on the Egg. Either that, or the Egg corrects all my mistakes. Either way, it is by far the best investment I have ever made.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Spring Chicken,
    I'm with you on that. I got my ceramic grill in early summer & have a blast every time I cook on it. It's just fun, and makes me cook more, which is a good thing. You're not mistaken either - it just plain is easy to cook on, very forgving.
    I just bought 4 bags of lump Maple Leaf so I'm set for the Winter. It's gonna be fun cooking in the snow here in Ohio!
    Cheers & beers
    Doc Pigg

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Doc Pigg,Where did you get your Maple Leaf Lump? I'm in the Dayton Area. I'm struggling to find any lump for sale close by my area. Thanks, BajaTom

• BajaTOM,
    There's no place in the Fall/Winter that stocks it locally that I've found, so I had to buy it mailorder.
    Doc Pigg

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    BajaTOM,[p]If you or Doc Pigg have the need to drive to Cleveland for any reason in the near future, you can get all the lump you need at the Cleveland Charcoal Supply Company. They are just off of I90 near downtown.[p]They sell individual 40# bags for a price that fluctuates between $15-17 per bag. 20# bags are also available if you but a whole pallet. They buy raw truck loads from a Ma and Paw kiln in Missouri and package it themselves. Nice big pieces and burns clean, no construction scraps. The quality is equal to Royal Oak/BGE brand.[p]K~G