Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

a little polish

Options
Rick's Tropical Delight
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
on the mini

bristolpolish-029.jpg

bristolpolish-046.jpg

bristolpolish-044.jpg

on wheat with mrs dog's disappearing mustard

bristolpolish-047.jpg

:woohoo:

Comments

• Egglicious
    Egglicious Posts: 150
    Options
    Looks like you are ready for football season, so who is your team?

js
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Rick..those honestly look too good to eat..and with the adder of Mrs. Dog's..dude..very nice!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Polish is good... Ukrainian is, also!

Don't forget to try ByeloRussian!

B)

@ side coming out tonight. Glad you're enjoying your Egg!

~ B

:):):)
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    If you are ever in the Pittsburgh, PA area then stop by Schwartz Market on the South Side and pick up some of their home made polish kielbasa. I have eaten nearly every brand and style of kielbasa, sausage, wiener, bratt, etc. that you can buy or make and this stuff is by far the best hands down.

It has a very unique flavor and is made from an old ethnic recipe that they haven't changed for over 40 years. You can boil it in water until it is very tender then smoke it on the egg for a few minutes to brown the outside, or just grill it on the egg low'n'slow indirect at 250 for about an hour. It has very low fat, no gristle, no mysterious byproducts or fillers, and is so delicious that you will make the trip back for more. I like mine plain but the wife likes hers with a bit of horse radish.

I just got back from a trip and carried 15 lbs. of it home on ice. They might be willing to ship it frozen via overnight delivery but I never asked. It is worth it if you like the true old-country foods.

1101.jpg

Schwartz Market
    1317 E Carson St
    Pittsburgh, PA 15203
    (412) 431-5510

While you are in Pittsburgh then you should also try their home made ethnic pierogies. These are made fresh by hand every day by a team of Polish, Russian, and Ukranian immigrants. This place is literally a small kitchen in the back of an old garage but it has become so popular and they have been featured on the news so often that they had to put up a website to take orders that were being phoned in from all over the world. They do ship special orders and believe me it is worth it. Did I mention their killer haluski and stuffed cabbage? Mmmmm good!

frontpageanimation.gif

Pierogies Plus
    342 Island Avenue
    McKees Rocks, PA 15136
    (412) 331-2224
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Thanks for the specifics --

Might surprise the wife with some of the stuff!

~ B
  • NJ-GrEGG
    NJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
    Options
    If you act now you can assemble some of your amazing photos and publish a nice BGE calander for 2009! I'd buy!