Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reminder of yesteryears

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Saturday my brothers and I surprised Mom with a birthday party for her 81st birthday. My brother Bill took it upon himself to invite some of the very best BBQ'ers in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana and they brought their tools of the trade, a big wheeled monster tank with double doors and about 25 sq feet of cooking space. They cooked everything from beef to pork to lamb to sausage to chicken to alligator to some strange looking stuff that looked like it might bite back. There was even some fried catfish and enchiladas. [p]Three years ago I would have thought I had died and went to Heaven but I now own a Big Green Egg and I found the meat to be tough, dry, and tasteless. I can't wait for the chance to do up something on my Egg for them. I'm patient. My time will come.[p]The reason for this post is to remind all of you Eggheads just how good we have it (as if y'all didn't already know).[p]Have a good time in Atlanta.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA