Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wing setup question

BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 168
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Sunday I cooked chicken wings for my mother in-law's birthday. I cooked 46 wings. My set-up was BGE grid extender on my Large EGG. Because of the limited size of the extender I did this cook by cooking half the wings at a time.

What would be the best setup to do this entire cook at once? I love cooking wings and with football season almost here I need to be able to cook a bunch of them.

By the way the wings were awesome.
·

Comments

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    I do 10 lbs of wings all the time, no problem.
    wings1.jpg
    wings2.jpg
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    You can fit 24 in the racks and that leaves a ton of grid space.

101_2032.jpg
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    I've been using the DP method the last few cooks with the light breading for the crisp. Is there enough space on the rack to work with the DP wings?
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Haven't tried the Dp method but have plenty of room for saucing or adding spices. Love the racks because you don't flip with wings or legs just pick up and rotate the whole rack if you have a hot spot.
    ·
  • Here's a link to a few different methods. I prefer the grill and then flash fry

http://www.suckcreekwings.com/preparation.html
    ·
  • BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 168
    Phil are you cooking those indirect? If so how are you getting a good crispy finish on them?
    ·
  • BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 168
    FlaPoolman, are you using the racks over indirect? How well do these racks do for getting a good crispy skin.
    ·