Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin Ideas

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mother in-law has graciously donated a beef tenderloin for her first green egg meal. I have bragged on the egg so now I have to back it up. I need help on recipes and times and temps. She goes for "natural flavors" versus heavily marinated or flavored meats.

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Mark,
    I like this one, while it is a marinade, it does not over power the meat, and for the price that cut goes for, who would want to?
    1 (3 pound) beef tenderloin, cleaned
    4 ounces olive oil
    4 cloves minced garlic
    2 chopped shallots
    2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
    4 ounces balsamic vinegar2 fresh bay leaves[p]Place tenderloin in a non-reactive container. Whisk together olive oil, garlic, shallots, rosemary and vinegar. Pour marinade over tenderloin and place in refrigerator for 8 hours.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Mark,
    Try the link below. It's all natural falor except for the stuffing.
    Good Luck,
    Big Daddy

[ul][li]Tenderloin[/ul]
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Wardster
    Several weeks ago I cooked Druink and Dirty Tenderloin using the recipe in the Smoke and Spice cookbook by Cheryl and Bill Jamison on page 112.
    It was fantastic, and definitely will do it again!
    Hammer