Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kurobuta Pork

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One of my coworkers went to a restarant Saturday that served these pork chops. He said it was the best he has ever tasted. Went home & found where to order some online & ordered some for hiself & me.
Their site also gave him a recipe to cook them in a covered pan with apples, apple brandy, mace, nutmeg, pepper & honey.
Anyone familiar with these enough to say if this is a good enough recipe for meat of this quality. I have a CI skillet & figure I can follow teir recipe at no more than 350 dome on a raies grid to keep them from getting too hot.
Thanks all.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    So what night are WE eating these?
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    What you mean "we" kemosabe? :woohoo:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Might this be the recipe?

Pork, Chops, W/Apple Brandy, Lobel

INGREDIENTS
    6 12 Ozs Kurobuta Pork Rib Chops
    2 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
    1 oz water
    2 oz apple brandy
    1/4 tsp mace
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    1/2 tsp honey

DIRECTIONS
    1 Trim fat from chops and let stand at room temperature. In a large cold skillet, place apples, water, and 1 ounce of the brandy. Sprinkle with mace, nutmeg, and salt and pepper, then stir in the honey. Cover pan and place over low heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover, push apple mixture to outer edges of pan, and add pork chops. Cook chops over medium heat for 15 minutes, then turn and cook for another 15 minutes. If not brown, increase heat and cook a few minutes longer. Remove browned chops to hot platter. Add second ounce of brandy to sauce, stir well, and pour over chops.
    SERVING SUGGESTIONS
    1 Serve with buttered broccoli, mashed sweet potatoes, and a chilled Sauterne wine.

Servings: 6
    Ready in: 45 minutes

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: Lobel's Culinary Club, 2008/03/25
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    That is it. I still want to know if that is good enough for these chops or if anyone has a better suggestion.
    Thanks.
  • Big'un
    Options
    Sounds like we are surrounded by indians. :laugh: What days are you free for lunch of tues,weds,thurs. I already talked to Charlie, and he plans to meet us for lunch. No lunch site selected as of yet.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Tues or Wed would be better but I can make Thurs work.
  • Big'un
    Options
    Okay, I'll check with Charlie and find out what day he feels like eating Kurobuta Pork.
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Rusty...et al:
    Can’t say I’ve done these…But with 50+ years of cooking behind me, I have to say it sounds like something I am going to give a try!