Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

beef brisket ? with pic

Eggbert 75Eggbert 75 Posts: 42
edited 2:11AM in EggHead Forum
just posting another thing here wondering with 13.5lbs of flat brisket? how long cook should be for tommorrow nite? start it early sunday morning or late today? posted a original about an hour ago.....

thanks
s768040230_3805991_6589.jpg

s768040230_3805992_6897.jpg

Comments

• DaddyoDaddyo Posts: 209
    At 225 degrees I would plan on 18 hours or so to reach 195 internal. Give yourself plenty of time. When it is at 195-200 you can wrap it in foil, wrap the foil in a beach towel or a few kitchen towels, and stick it in a cooler (I put about a gallon of hot water in my cooler, let it sit a minute or two, then dump it out to pre-warm the cooler). The meat will stay ready to eat for 4 to 6 hours. I think the resting period actually makes the meat taste better as the temp and juices even out, etc.
  • I can't really tell from the pic how thick it is. I would venture to say about 14 hours.
  • BevoBevo Posts: 179
    Us that two flats weighing a total of 13.5 pounds? Or does each weigh 13.5 pounds? If it's two, plan your time based on the weight of the larger one. Mine usually take about 1.5 hours per pound, based on the weight of the larger one.

Regards,
  • Agree with Bevo. Since it's two pieces, they should cook faster than one thicker, single piece. When I did the ones I posted earlier, I did it based on a 7.5 lb piece at 1.5 hrs/lb at 220 degrees dome. If you do the full 13 lb time, it may be done way early, and you might have to reheat, which isn't the end of the world.

-John