Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

L&S@E2K

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Quick question. How did those who did Butts and Briskets at Eggtoberfest 1998 accomplish their cooks within the time constraints of the fest? I saw on the recipe page that Brant and Uncle Bill did briskets and butts at that fest. Can we accomplish Low & Slow at Eggfest 2000 (L&S@E2K (TM))?[p]Cornfed

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    No reason we can't have 2 eggs going in the back of my truck. Maybe I am a bit nuts, but I really can't think of a reason why you couldn't start the stuff Friday night in the back of my truck, then strap em, cap em, make the quick drive to the VFW, and uncap to resume cooking.[p]JJ has also mentioned the possibilty of doing a 2 stage cook. Finishing it up at the fest.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Yeah, but you know what happens when you get Cornfed together with a BGE and a truck.... Just make sure you have some kiln cement along with you--just in case. :-)
    bd

• Brant
    Brant Posts: 82
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Alas, I cheated. I cooked the butt the day before, and timed it so that I could pull the meat right before we hit the road to Atlanta that Friday night. So, it was about half a day old by the time I reheated it in the (ack!) gas oven at the EGGtoberfest facilities.[p]I raised the same question to the forum then, but the Eggs were not going to be availble the Friday evening before, so cooking earlier was my only option.[p]Brant