Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Virus "Bugbear" seems to have hit this group

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There is a new virus making the rounds, here's a summary from CNN:[p]Bugbear, also known as Tanatos, doesn't destroy files like its viral cousins "Melissa," "Michelangelo" and "Iloveyou." Instead, it disables popular firewall and anti-virus protections and prepares a port that can receive instructions from remote users. [p]That is what makes the virus so dangerous, experts say. Hackers aware of this vulnerability will search for open ports on infected computers. Once found, attackers can access passwords, view or destroy data and get reports of keystrokes being entered – including credit card numbers and other sensitive information. All of this happens without the knowledge of the hacked computer owner or business. [p]The complete article:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/10/04/virus.bugbear/index.html

[ul][li]How to detect and remove Bugbear[/ul]

Comments

• John Moyer,
    This virus will infect more machines faster than Klez ever did, read the articles and udate your protection. Good luck to us all.
    Jim

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    John Moyer,
    I got hit by that worm, but once I was able to execute my mcAfee virus scan, it found the three files infected and removed them. The problemwas getting to the virus scan since the worm deactivated the switch. Using windows explorer and getting to the main menu under McAfee, I was able to run the scan. It was an hour long affair and had me cursing for the hour while I waited for the scan. Good luck to you all.