Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Tenderloin

StanleyStanley Posts: 623
edited 7:02PM in EggHead Forum
Turned out great - my wife said it was her favorite thing from the Egg yet! As I posted earlier, stuffed it with chopped spring onions and some Tsunami Spin. sprinkled the outside with TS then wrapped in bacon. 350° dome direct on a raised grid, sprinkling each side with TS as I rotated. Went to internal 145°. Removed the bacon and returned it to grid to crisp while the tenderloin rested wrapped in foil. Very moist and flavorful - better than these pics:
100_1028.jpg
100_1029.jpg
100_1030.jpg
100_1031.jpg
100_1032.jpg
100_1033.jpg
100_1034.jpg

Comments

• If it tasted better than the pics, it was over the moon. Nice pics - nice cook.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    That looks really good. What did yo serve it up with?
  • aaindaaind Posts: 235
    Way to go ,wife likes it Great ,now make your move for next egg,Honey if we had small med or large we could have baked taters or bread stix ect
    That how I got 3 now, love t all of them
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    what happend to the bacon?? will you mail it to me??? B)
    looks fantastic and nice pics too
    bill
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    That looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing the results.

Kent
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Excellent job, Stanley! Haven't tried Tsunami Spin on pork (at least I can't remember doing that..) but may try that one soon. Had to smile when I read about the bacon--my kids won't eat it unless the bacon is crispy, and if I do that recipe I'd be doing the same as you :)
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    Served it with artichokes and a baguette.
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    I ate the bacon. I mean all of it. I really didn't intend to - just kinda happened that way.
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    that put a smile on my face this morning ... it looked sooo good and there was no follow up pic of the bacon ,,,i was worried you just used it as a wrapper..i have a tenderloin in the fridge and bacon too.. maybe tonight .
  • ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    That looks incredible. Thanks for posting the idea.