Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Kielbasa

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have some uncooked Kielbasa. Wondering if anyone has a recipe for this, or is it something you just grill till done and serve?
Thanks

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Wardster,[p]I steam mine in beer for 20-30 minutes then split them down the center cooking them skin side down for 14 minutes. Flip them and cook them another 15 minutes then serve them hot. [p]Elder Ward
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Elder Ward:[p]Next time consider just grilling only. I think you will find the sausage more flavorful. Prick about half way through the cook to drain excess fat, then split and complete grilling before serving.[p]If you make your own sausage, many times you need some liquid in the mix to make it easier to blend spices and stuff into casings. This is where you can use 100% beer for the liquid hence flavor.
    [/b]
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    Elder Ward,[p]Nice to see your post. I have followed a couple of your recipes to a tee and it makes some of the best BBQ I have ever had. Thank you.[p]I'll add this one to the list of 'to do's'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]