Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

tips and sausage

trishtrish Posts: 15
edited 11:37PM in EggHead Forum
want to cooks beef tips tonight. first time on my new egg. any help please?

Comments

• Tips are great! I cook em direct over a hot but not too hot fire, maybe 450. Depending on thickness, cook about 6 minutes per side.

Prep? You could put a little dry rub on them, I use Dizzy Pig Cowlick. You could also do them teriyaki style. Marinate in about a cup of soy sauce mixed with a couple of crushed garlic cloves, some minced fresh ginger, as much crushed red pepper as you can stand (or fresh if you got it), a splash of sherry or dry white wine, a little rice or white vinegar and about a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Marinate at least a couple of hours.

Tips and sausage sounds like the start of a mixed grill. I haven't done that for a while. Maybe tonight.

Paul