Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What qualities in the meat

Options
Buckdodger
Buckdodger Posts: 957
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
do you look for when buying a cut of Brisket. Have never gotten a brisket and want to know what to look for. I've seen so many great cooks of that cut of meat that I'm ready to take on the challange. I have done a search for recipes and they all sound great. Thanks eggers.
Bob
Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Stick with choice, don't get select. Try to get the thickest flat end you can find.

Mike
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    I like whole ones in the 12 to 15 pound range that have an even thickness flat, often you will see them where the flat tapers down to 3/4" or less. I don't want a really fatty point, and I will take a knobby one over one that is fatty. Get the best grade you can find.

A flexible or limber one is a good quality, but I rarely get the chance to buy from a butcher shop, and this is hard to judge while they are still in the cryo.

Then of course, a left one is better. :laugh:

Beefside2.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Thanks thirdeye and CWM. The pics really help.
    Bob

Opelika, Alabama