Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Brisket

Options
On the Fritz
On the Fritz Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A little over a month ago, I bought a hunk of top-sirloin (grass-fed longhorn) from a fellow at the local farmers market. This was pre-Egg, so I threw it on the ol' Weber an torched it well-done (not my intention, but I'm rather inept at grilling steak). It was the best steak I've ever cooked -- fork tender, delicious.

With some egging confidence under my belt, I went back and looked over his selection of brisket. Two puny hunks, with caps removed. (Apparently, he can't move the larger briskets, and when someone special ordered a full brisket, they didn't show up for a month.) I took the 2 pounder and crossed my fingers, since my previous experience was good.

Well, the results are in. I cooked for about 3.5 hours @ 250 and it started looking a little dry, so I foiled it and let it cook for another 2 hours (about 195 internal).

Absolutely incredible. Fork-tender, succulent, fantastic. My previous brisket was good, but this one was much better! Hopefully, the picture is worth a thousand words.

IMG_0411.jpg

For any Eggers in the south SF-bay area, I highly recommend visiting the Mountain View farmers market on Sundays and buy a hunk-o-longhorn from Jim. No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

http://www.pamperoranch.com

Kent.

Comments