Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Felt Liner

Options
logtavern
logtavern Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently purchased an XL Egg. The first meal I prepared on it was steak. Following the directions on the DVD I took the grill to approximately 650 degrees. Much to my surprise when I went to remove the steak from the grill the felt gasket on the top portion of the grill fell off when I opened the cover. In case you are wondering the gasket was installed by BGE not me. The next time I took the grill to that kind of heat the bottom gasket fell off. I did receive a replacement from BGE with no hassle and installed according to instructions. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue but more importantly whether the adhesive on the felt can really handle that kind of heat. I have not heated the grill to this level with the new gasket. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a better adhesive to use to attach the gasket?

Comments