Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some GREAT Salmon Filets

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some wonderful salmon tonight - in fact, I think it was the best I have ever had. I picked up a couple of filets at the store on my way home. SInce it was late, I was in a bit of a hurry, but still wanted some smoke added to the flavor. I rubbed skin side with olive oil and a little kosher salt. I seasoned the flesh side with lemon juice, garlic powder and lemon pepper. Lit my small and added a chunk of alder wood, then immediately put the fish on the grill. I brought the temp SLOWLY up to 350 while the smoke poured out of the daisy wheel. Once at 350 I left them on a couple more minutes, then basted the flesh with a mix of melted butter, lemon juice and garlic and turned for two more minutes. Then I shut both vents and let dwell for 3-4 more. Served with fresh zucchini wild rice and a nice white zinfadel - what a tasty treat! Nice grill marks, delicate and flaky flesh and a nice, light smoke flavor. Total cook time was 25 minutes because I brought the temp up to 350 so slowly to allow for maximum smoke absorption. This time could be reduced to 15 minutes or so, but the smoke flavor would be less. I will definitely do this again.