Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Extra grill for the small

dublindublin Posts: 140
edited 12:24AM in EggHead Forum
In the not-to-distant-past someone posted a picture of the small egg with a second grill extended using 4 bolts.[p]Does anyone have that picture and does anyone know what size/type/length of bolts are being used???[p]As always, Thx[p]dublin

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    extragratesmall.jpg
    <p />dublin,
    Here is a couple of pictures of the one i made for my small egg.
    Larry

[ul][li]Grate Detail[/ul]
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    dublin,[p]At YB's suggestion, I made one of these for my small Egg as well. A replacement cooking grid for the Weber "smoky joe" mini kettle (Lowes, Home Depot, etc) is an inexpensive alternative to a second small Egg grid. Although it's just a tad too large to fit on the firering, the size is perfect when elevated on the bolts and only 3 are required.[p]K~G

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    KennyG,
    Good morning Ken..... 45 hehehe.
    Larry

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    dublin,
    3/8" S/S carriage bolts, 3.5" in length. YB turned me on to this.