Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tel-Tru update

Options
Central Pork
Central Pork Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As some of you here know I posted a thread regarding the purchase of a tel-tru thermometer for the egg. Some had also noticed the removal of the online ordering section of their website and had experienced difficulties in ordering etc as I did. Some had experiences quite to the contrary and were very pleased with tel-tru's customer service. As an update, I called today and instead of asking "how I could order" (in which case they send you to a distributor who may or may not help you) I simply said i would like to place an order. A lady named Sue(who also helped RRP) was nice and actually took my order for 2 thermometers. So anyone else thinking of the tel-tru may want to take this route. The only downside is she told me it would be 7 - 10 days before they ship since they have to be manufactured. This got me to thinking that if they need to be manufactured maybe I should have tried to order with the 4 inch stem instead of the 2 1/2 or 5 inchers they have listed? Anyway hope this helps any of you out there thinking of going the tel-tru route.
CP