Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wings and Country Style Ribs Feast!

run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
edited 12:31PM in EggHead Forum
First time for country style ribs. Got a deal on a party pack of wings and thought I'd add them to the dinner using TREX's recipe. Wow - what a great combo. Another dinnertime hit!

Prep Time

New "dash of this and pinch of that" rub

After 4 hours ready for the Egg

Now the wings

In a mild salt water brine - it really seems to add a nice, subtle extra bit of flavor - plus it leeches out the remaining 'blood.'

After boiling in apple cider vinegar

Hot sauce

Add lemon pepper and salt

wings over ribs

Here are the finished ribs - tender, great bark, great flavor. Very moist.

And the finished wings....these are SO good!

And the feast! It was a hit - ribs went 4 hours at 225 - wings went 3 hours at 225. Hickory smoke this time.

Til next time..... :)

• StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    Nice pics!!!
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    that looks great. got to get some wings soon.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Excellent cook, Run4jc. I was skeptical of the wings until I saw the finished product...fantastic!
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 7,034
    How long do you brine the wings? Great looking cook.
  • crawdadcrawdad Posts: 115
    Great looking food. Wings are my favorite vegetable.
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    Man what an awsome looking cook. The ribs look like specially yummy.
  • run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    This time I brined them for 4 hours - last time I brined them overnight, but I think 4 hours is plenty.

• run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    Thanks, 'Bama. I'm living in Northern Virginia now, but born and raised in Tuscaloosa and graduated from 'Bama. Cut my "Q" teeth on Dreamland ribs.....

Roll Tide!