Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steam burn

Strmn2SmokeStrmn2Smoke Posts: 80
edited 11:04PM in EggHead Forum
I have not encountered this before on the Forum, therefore I fell it may be beneficial to some. Recently I did four large rib-eyes on the MedBGE @700 degrees. After 3/3/3/ (dwell) I carefully opened the lid to avoid the obvious "flashback",only to receive a moderately severe steam -burn as I continued to raise the lid, there was a large amount of juices standing on the steaks, no doubt this was the source of all the steam. Pronto to Lowe's for a pair of welders/fireman gloves..Do use all caution when opening the dome no matter what you are doing...
·