Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Steam burn

Strmn2SmokeStrmn2Smoke Posts: 80
edited 3:26AM in EggHead Forum
I have not encountered this before on the Forum, therefore I fell it may be beneficial to some. Recently I did four large rib-eyes on the MedBGE @700 degrees. After 3/3/3/ (dwell) I carefully opened the lid to avoid the obvious "flashback",only to receive a moderately severe steam -burn as I continued to raise the lid, there was a large amount of juices standing on the steaks, no doubt this was the source of all the steam. Pronto to Lowe's for a pair of welders/fireman gloves..Do use all caution when opening the dome no matter what you are doing...