Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mmmm.... Hawiian Style Garlic Shrimp

Options
Joel Ferman
Joel Ferman Posts: 243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked these bad boys up just a few minutes ago.[p]P9100071.JPG[p]
P9100072.JPG[p]
P9100073.JPG[p]
P9100074.JPG[p]

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Joel Ferman,
    Stop!!![p]No more pictures!!![p]Have you no Mercy??? [p]
    Chubby

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    Joel are you still on your cookathon? Are you sleeping any? Anyway, the shrimp look great.
  • Joel Ferman,
    Sorry if the recipe has been previously posted, but would love to cook those bad boys this weekend and would like your recipe, and cooking instructions.
    Thanks!!

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]I don't think it gets any better than that !!!!![p]Great looking meal. Thanks for sharing.

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    And one more thing, once you add the soy sauce, make sure to cook them a bit more.... you want the soy to mix with the garlic and turn the shrimp a golden color instead of white on the back of them. If you look at my pics, just cook similar to them. I tend to not cook them long enough (when cooking it smells soo good it is hard to resist) so i'd give them extra time with the soy, at least a few min. You want to have them come outta the pan too hot to touch. I am sure it's pretty self explanitory, but if you have any questions, drop me an email.
    -Joel

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Zeke,
    Yeah, kinda. There have been a couple of 2-3 hour spans where nothing has been in the egg (was either waiting for it to thaw, or other stuff was done sooner than expected and I hadn't prepared the next item yet) however that bad boy has been smoking since 1PM Friday, NONSTOP. That egg is a horridly nasty mess... I think I am going to have to blast it with a pressure washer when I am done.
    As far as sleep goes, I have been doing beef, turkey and salmon kerkey over night, simply because I don't care if the temp drops down to 150 or so I have gotten a fair amount of sleep. I'll tell you one thing though.... cooking say in and out SURE makes you smell like horrid smoke. Maybe I am going crazy, but I can almost feel a layer of smoke on my skin right before I hop in the shower.
    -Joel

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    P9100070.JPG
    <p />Here ya go Dublin!,[p]I don't really "measure" out the ingredients, but this should definatly get you there. [p]1 tble spoon butter
    melt in pan over medium heat[p]Once melted add 2 or more (can never really add too much)heaping table spoons of chopped garlic, heat until golden brown (buy the kind in a glass jar, I prefer Christopher Ranch)
    add shrimp, sauté until almost done (approx. 5 min)
    lightly sprinkle garlic powder over shrimp
    Add 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce, depending on taste preference. I'd START with 1 or 1.25 tablespoon's, for the garlic flavor will be more robust.[p]Something you might want to try with 1/2 of them is to add a slash of pineapple juice. It adds a really nice sweet taste to them, but personally I like them as they are.[p]And one more thing, once you add the soy sauce, make sure to cook them a bit more.... you want the soy to mix with the garlic and turn the shrimp a golden color instead of white on the back of them. If you look at my pics, just cook similar to them. I tend to not cook them long enough (when cooking it smells soo good it is hard to resist) so i'd give them extra time with the soy, at least a few min. You want to have them come outta the pan too hot to touch. [p]- Joel Ferman

• dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]Great
    Thanks Joel