Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket & Butt Together?

LoveHandlesLoveHandles Posts: 156
edited 4:26AM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone made a butt & a brisket at the same time, and is it a good idea? See-Yaa

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hey Mike, do it on two levels with the butt dripping on the brisket. -RP
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,716
    works good, make sure the fats down on the brisket so the pork drips on the meat. ive heard poeple say the bark on the brisket gets washed off but i have not found that a problem. if the pieces are roughly the same size the brisket is done roughly 2 hours earlier than the butt

2005012055.jpg

5a1453bd.jpg
  • LoveHandlesLoveHandles Posts: 156
    Thanks Randy-- I thought it could be done, just wanted to make sure. Hey, I saw a post about an AZ eggfest, mayge we could put one on some time here in AZ. I may have a connection from a supplier that could help us out. I'll check with them and let you know. See-Yaa