Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Boy, I feel like Nature Boy!

TeslamaniaTeslamania Posts: 144
edited 11:55AM in EggHead Forum
Well, had the day off on short notice (Nature Boy - we will get together in April!) and opened up the Egg to fire it up. The fire grate was cracked. I know, go out and buy a cast iron trivet. Well, I left it alone and fired up humpty and threw on a couple of chops that I had brined overnight. Boy, what a difference. Put on my favorite rub and a bit of hickory and apple chips for smoke. Best chops ever. You guys were right - brined chops are great. I will throw on a whole turkey breast that I brined this evening for dinner. [p]Well, I got on the phone and called Atlanta. They are sending out a new grate. While they had a box to fill, I told them to throw in the new grill extender, plate setter, a gasket kit and three bags of maple wood chips. What a helpful bunch of people.

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,389
    Teslamania,
    Nice job! Nothing like lunch on the egg.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Teslamania,
    Sounds wonderful. I hope that you like the maple.
    RhumAndJerk

• Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Teslamania,
    i would think in order to feel like nature boy you would have to Egg at least 2 times a day, and do alot of "yeeeee haaaaaa 'N"
    Hahaaha..
    ST