Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Boy, I feel like Nature Boy!

TeslamaniaTeslamania Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, had the day off on short notice (Nature Boy - we will get together in April!) and opened up the Egg to fire it up. The fire grate was cracked. I know, go out and buy a cast iron trivet. Well, I left it alone and fired up humpty and threw on a couple of chops that I had brined overnight. Boy, what a difference. Put on my favorite rub and a bit of hickory and apple chips for smoke. Best chops ever. You guys were right - brined chops are great. I will throw on a whole turkey breast that I brined this evening for dinner. [p]Well, I got on the phone and called Atlanta. They are sending out a new grate. While they had a box to fill, I told them to throw in the new grill extender, plate setter, a gasket kit and three bags of maple wood chips. What a helpful bunch of people.
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,320
    Teslamania,
    Nice job! Nothing like lunch on the egg.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Teslamania,
    Sounds wonderful. I hope that you like the maple.
    RhumAndJerk

·
  • Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,101
    Teslamania,
    i would think in order to feel like nature boy you would have to Egg at least 2 times a day, and do alot of "yeeeee haaaaaa 'N"
    Hahaaha..
    ST

·