Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Newest Member of the Helms Family

Options
Grillin Guy
Grillin Guy Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I woke up Saturday morning and said to myself "Self, this is the day" Drove down to Grate Grills and More and purchased a Small BGE, plate setter, nest, and cast iron grate. George Rodgers delivered it and put it together that afternoon and I was cooking on it by 6:00. First cook? Garlic shrimp and tenderloin steaks. Did the shrimp on the small and the steaks on the large.I was amazed at how fast the small came up to heat and how little lump it takes to fill it up. Life is much better with two eggs. Now all I need is a mini.

myeggs.jpg

Comments

• Grillin Guy
    Grillin Guy Posts: 302
    Options
    ........and a small pizza stone, and GrateMates, and Guru, and Mapp Torch and Third Eyes lifting tool and ..........is there an Egg Anonymous meeting out there anywhere?
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Congrats. What cha' gonna name the little feller?
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Egg Anonymous! That's hysterical! I'm beginning to feel like that. About a month ago we bought our first BGE, it's a large and my husband keeps whining. I wish I would've bought an XL so now he went and ordered a demo XL from the Osweego Fest that's coming up. This is all he talks about. Now he wants a digiq2 and who knows what else. I guess it could be worse. :S
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Very nice; I've had the large for about 3 months and can't wait until I get my next BGE.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    I'm the same way. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I have a backyard full of smokers. At least now when she catches me looking at pictures on the internet they are pics of food. :whistle: :woohoo: