Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Tropical storm butterflies

DavidRDavidR Posts: 178
edited 1:27AM in EggHead Forum
<p />Thought I'd throw a couple of chickens on in between the rain bands. Just using pepper and olive oil at 350*. The pic below is after I turned them 30 minutes later.[p]I've been waitin 6 years for the NFL to return to Houston, and a damn hurricane is forming in the Gulf. (sigh)[p]

• DavidR,
    What a way to start the weekend. Rain and plenty of it. I'm not going to the game so let it come. Looks to me like you sacrificed a couple of biddies to the Gods so that the Texans can win, or at least have a fighting chance. I'm reasonably sure the Gods commanded you to consume the objects of the sacrifice once the game is underway. [p]Hope your team wins.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    DavidR,[p]I'm not letting the rain bands stop me. Cooked a pizza tonight and I'm brining a turkey over night to cook in the morning. Let the rains come, the Egg will keep smoking.
  • DavidR,
    Surely we won't let some hurricane with a name like Fay stop our Texan's debut will we? We really wanted to go to that game but that's a tough ticket to get! Are you going?

• DavidRDavidR Posts: 178
    WudEyeDoo,[p]No, I'm not, but I surely wish I was. It's Saturday morning, and the storm looks like it's blowing through. I'm a life-long Cowboy hater, and I don't care if the Texans go 1 - 15, just so long as that one win comes tomorrow night.

• DavidR,
    Beating the Cowboys on the Texans first game, at home. It doesn't get any better than that! I must admit, I don't have a high degree of confidence of that happening but I will be cheering for it right along with ya![p]Gonna do some wings on the egg just before gametime.[p]Bob