Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One of the best things I\'ve learned

Options
Stanley
Stanley Posts: 623
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just been Egging for a couple of months now. Most of what I've learned has been from experience, but almost all of my learning has started here on the forum. The forum lead me to the Naked Whiz site (among others) and I thought I had looked NW's site over pretty well, but I missed something that may be some of the most helpful advice I've come across. A few days ago there was a thread here about DFMTs falling off, and Gandy Dancer posted this link to NW:
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm#dwsetting
Just line up the lid swivel screw with the daisy wheel swivel screw, front to back, and you won't lose your DFMT setting when opening and closing the dome! This means rotating the whole DFMT when you make a change in the lid opening (don't have to change anything if just changing the daisy wheel). Makes perfect sense, and I'm a bit ashamed of myself (I am an engineer) for not coming up with this on my own. Sure makes my life easier and I thought I'd share it once more for others to benefit from.

Comments