Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Burgers Last night

bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 286
edited 10:05PM in EggHead Forum
I bought 2 underblade chuck roasts at Winn Dixie yesterday, froze one for pulled beef and ground one up for burgers. They were both about 5 lbs. and were buy one get one free. So 10 pounds of chuck roast for $18.00.

The burgers came out good. I usually mix sausage in with the ground beef but didn't have any on hand.

IMG_1547.jpg

Cheesed up and some grilled onions.

IMG_1549.jpg

Comments

• They certainly look good. Did you add any seasoning to the hamburger.
  • bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 286
    Yes, a pack of Lipton Onion soup, some A-1 steak sauce, worcheshire and some Bad Byron's Butt Rub.
  • Thanks I never thought of using the soup mix,will have to try it
  • DhiltonDhilton Posts: 22
    the soup mix is awesome on potatoes too. dice them up and coat with olive oil and the mix and they're good to go.
  • The burgers sound really good. I've used the Lipton Onion mix on potatoes a lot, but never thought to mix them into burgers--Brilliant!

I think burgers are in store for this week!