Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ABT

407BGE407BGE Posts: 187
edited 7:26AM in EggHead Forum
This is the 5th time I made them and I have never used any toothpicks. I use an entire piece of thin bacon and wrap it and none have ever come apart. Plus they are easier to eat! :woohoo:

Comments

• BigGreenDawgBigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    WOW, I just finished prepping them and put my first batch on the egg to take to a friends house to watch fireworks. I used a half a strip per pepper except for the one I made that was two halfs put together (that ones' mine to test for future reference). I am cooking mine at 300* dome indirect for as long as it takes to get bacon crispy. What about you?

I will have to try that whole strip tomorrow since I still have about 12 peppers left. :woohoo:
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    I was impatient - had some fireworks to get to myself! Cooked mine (my first!) indirect at 400°. About 45 minutes. They were OMG fabulous. Fried up some Mexican Chorizo nuggets and used them with Neufchatel cheese, wrapped in spple wood smoked bacon. Generous sprinkling of salt-free Dizzy Dust before and after the wrapping. Yum!