Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks BGE

EGGLANDS BEST
EGGLANDS BEST Posts: 211
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just wanted to say that since i have been using the BGE i have become quite confident in my ability to try most things on it... ribs now are almost like second nature at on time i wouldn't even think of it. Butts are some what like childs play now. what i'm tryin to say is it feels good to have people sample my cooking now and say (this is great how did you do this) at work i'm dubbed "the Grill Master" they even bought two webber grills (they didn't want to spend the extra $$$ on a BGE :( ) and i'm able to fire up the grill at work anytime i feel like it while i'm working :lol: i feel that all because of the BGE i'm able to do this because this is where it all started, i was able to WOW my co-workers. and even cooking on the webbers i don't have any worries now because the food comes out good. the BGE had made me a true griller because with it you have to have patient. it's one of the things it teaches you and once it's learned the rest is history. sorry so long i just had to express that to all my BGE Family thank you all so much

Note*
i have some funny stories i'd like to share from work if anyone would like to hear them all about grilling

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Sure! Bring 'em on!! 8 - )
  • BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    I've been in a similar situation at my old work before and had to do it on one of those grills that you see at all of the state parks here in Tennessee with no lid.

Bring on the stories!
  • this goes back to our last department luncheon where everyone was asked if they wanted to bring a dish and this one teammate stated that he would bring a SLAB (ribs) so everything was turned in and confirmed so on the day of the luncheon all dished were brought this teammate was going around telling everyone how good the ribs were going to be and try not to bite your finger off because the sauce was so good :laugh: can't help it just so funny going back down memory lane about this so during the heating process we stumbled upon the SLAB (ribs) hehehe :lol: and another co-worker came in to bring her dish and asked where are the ribs so i pointed to them she opened the container looked at them and her remark was (these don't look like fall off the bone to me) and shoved them across the table :laugh: so after everything was heated it was time to eat everyone came into the breakroom the expectations were so high from those ribs mainly because that person hyped everything up anyway ohh did i mention that we have some very good food critics so everyone started preparing their plates i'm always the last to get anything to eat so i finally got my plate and started eating then someone shouted out who did these ribs... everyone pointed to the person that did them and the teammate said (hey reggie you need to go by ken's house and let him show you how to cook ribs) man i almost choked on my food when i heard that and it didnt get any better for him only worse another guy told him that his ribs sucked and they cut his lips someone else told him that he needed baby oil to get those ribs wet i felt bad for him but he did it to himself though going around telling everyone that he had the best ribs they would ever taste needless to say he ate up all the chicken that i brought they rode him the whole month about that hey i bet he won't offer to do ribs again :whistle: :laugh:
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Poor guy! Perhaps the only ribs he ever ate was at McDonald's! Did you ever give him some grillin' lessons? 8 - )
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    We don't have those problems where I work.

:)