Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Morning

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After 5 or 6 years of faithful year-round egg'n, learning from countless posts on this site, & adding my 2 cents as a 'guest' every now & then, I have finally registered with the forum and I am officially a newbie :cheer:
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Welcome. We have been waiting ;)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Welcome to the board, but if you've been egging for 5 or 6 years you're a vet not a newbie! Bet you can fit right in with the crowd assembled here everyday...there's always more room!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    welcome and lets see some pics!!!
    bill
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    maybe a newbie to the forum but doesnt sound like a newbie cook ;) ..unless of course you dont have a digital camera and don't post pix of your cooks!! :P :woohoo: ..WELCOME!...
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    thank god! more new blood. welcome aboard.

i checked the forum in "flat view" last night. although the number of "registered guests" versus lurkers has always been interesting, i was ASTOUNDED to see recent posts with counts of 1000, 2000, even one with 3600+ views (two or three days old only), with minimal replies. of the post with 3600+ views, only ONE percent (36) were replies. there's a lot of taking compared to the giving.

i hope you'll join in and post. the water's not deep.

frankly, there seems to be a turn-over happening. not a lot of the "elders" that were here when i joined are posting any more. too bad... but i remember when i got here there was talk about the then-current elders. folks were lamenting (rightfully) that they were dropping out. nature of forum burnout, i guess.

some questions get asked over and over, and there's a bit of burnout involved. ...don't know how many turkey questions max has had to answer in the past few years. but the way i look at it is, if someone isn't answering a question, i (or someone else) might as well.

turnover happens regularly, and one person's idea of a forum elder is usually just some two or three year veteran that is just involved. RTD comes to mind. wealth of info there, and first time visitor might assume he's been doing this for 15 years. only a couple i think. but he's floated to the top. raised the level of food expectations around here, frankly. it ain't burgers and dogs here all the time.

don't think you need to hold off until you have time in-country. just ask, post, and most importantly, ANSWER if you are in a position to help.

welcome aboard.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Welcome Zippylip.............you certainly aren't a newbie! Sounds as if you some experience to share.
    eenie meenie
  • stike
    Options
    above this post is the little "tree" of navigable links, in green.

click "flat view".

i was frikkin bowled over.

i checked it because i'm in a forum elsewhere, where a reply to a post will bump that post back to the top of the "flat view". doesn't happen here, alas. ...but that "number of views" thing was an eye-opener.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    I usually use Flat View, and I'm not finding the # of views info. Maybe I'm just blind. Can you point me?

BTW, you can choose "Active Thread First" and see the most recent post bumped to the top. I switch between this and "Newest Thread First" frequently depending on what I'm doing.
  • stike
    Options
    hmmm....

when you have already selected the forum you want, and are at the list of threads, if you click "flat view" it should show the list with the number of views and number of replies, no? it does for me.

by the way, you are right. i had totally forgotten about personalizing the thing to show "active thread first". in fact, if i just slowed down and thought about it, i could set it up to show "active threads first" in flat view on the main page, and the old classic threaded view when i go into the posts, right? i don't like flat view within the post, because the replies read sometimes like non-sequiters. .
  • Zippylip
    Options
    because I accomplish new things at about the same pace fat renders from a boston butt, it'll take me another 5-6 years to learn how to operate the camera & figure out how to insert the pix here, I am afterall one of those "went to school before computers & what-not" people, all of which makes me :laugh:
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    indeed eenie meenie, however, I find often that I disagree with the grain & feel as though I am egg'n in a parallel universe sometimes :silly: . Nevertheless, that has never stopped me from giv'n my spin
    happy in the hut
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Welcome, Zippylip!
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    that was funny... i got my first report card on a stone tablet. if you ever want help i would be glad to walk you thru the process.
    bill
  • Zippylip
    Options
    I would appreciate that, the wifey has a real nice camera (which I am not allowed to touch, but exceptions will have to be made for things as important as food modeling). I imagine there needs to be some sort of cable or wire to connect the camera to the fancy thinking box? I don't know if we have one. Anyway, a brief description would be helpful, I just crammed a whole lotta cream cheese into a whole pile of jalepenos then wrapped'm in the requisite smoked hog fat strips, they would make a great test photo
    happy in the hut
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    zippy, if the better half has a digital camera what does she do with her pics? can she get them into the thinking box or does she take the camera to drug store/walmart for prints?
    digital cameras come with a memory card that can be removed from the camera and plugged into a slot in some computers. the camera should have come with a cord that goes from the camera [or charging base] to a usb port

what make and model camera ??
    might be easier if we emailed... ican be reached thru my profile [click my name and in my profile there is a send e-mail link
    bill
  • Zippylip
    Options
    sent an email through the profile but not sure if it went
    happy in the hut