Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Tub! (will it make me sweat?)

Stanley
Stanley Posts: 623
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Brought home a lovely aged rib eye this afternoon. What to do with it? TRex came to mind, as did XeRT. Then I thought about Hot Tub. Sounded the easiest of all, so I tried it. Dusted with DP Cow Lick and into a zip lock and a bath in hot tap water while I got the MBGE up to speed. Up to 650°, then slapped it on. 90 seconds and a turn. 90 more seconds and - next time I'll have my Orcas on at the end of the second 90 seconds, cuz I had to don them once I realized that I really didn't want to have my hand in there to take a temperature. Anyway, after fumbling around a bit, I pulled the steak off and wrapped it in foil while I grilled some zucchini slices to go with it.

Did I overcook my wonderful rib eye (an offense for which I'm not sure I could forgive myself)? NO! It was perfectly MR, and the best steak I've had in a long time! I'll do that again (with a bit more preparation). Sorry, no pics, but enjoy this Hot Tub video.

http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/9251

Comments

• HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    Stanley wrote:
    Brought home a lovely aged rib eye this afternoon. What to do with it? TRex came to mind, as did XeRT. Then I thought about Hot Tub. Sounded the easiest of all, so I tried it. Dusted with DP Cow Lick and into a zip lock and a bath in hot tap water while I got the MBGE up to speed. Up to 650°, then slapped it on. 90 seconds and a turn. 90 more seconds and - next time I'll have my Orcas on at the end of the second 90 seconds, cuz I had to don them once I realized that I really didn't want to have my hand in there to take a temperature. Anyway, after fumbling around a bit, I pulled the steak off and wrapped it in foil while I grilled some zucchini slices to go with it.

Did I overcook my wonderful rib eye (an offense for which I'm not sure I could forgive myself)? NO! It was perfectly MR, and the best steak I've had in a long time! I'll do that again (with a bit more preparation). Sorry, no pics, but enjoy this Hot Tub video.

http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/9251

Will it make me wet? Too hot in the hot tub, burned myself, make it cooler...

Makes me laugh every time I see it. I miss the old Eddie.