Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frog Legs and Steaks

Gloria
Gloria Posts: 161
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, we had a big change in plans and did not cook the whole fresh ham after all, but on Saturday we did 1 1/2 in. steaks on the Egg, six of them. Seared them at 600 for 4-4-3, took them off, cut the bones away, sliced the meat thick, drizzled on olive oil and passed the lemon slices to squeeze over the slices on our plates. If you all have not tried the olive oil and lemon thing, I would highly recommend that you try it. I had lightly salted and heavily peppered the meat before grilling. These were t-bones. One 12-yr-old boy who was visiting told my husband that it was the best steak he had ever eaten......and he looks like he has eaten quite a few in his short life! Oh, on the frog legs, I just salted and peppered them, squeezed fresh lemon juice on them and dredged them in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika and then fried those suckers in my deep fryer. The reason? There just wasn't room on the Egg with all those steaks! They were good, but there were a few of them left......no steak was leftover.

Comments