Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights T-Rexed Tenderloin

Options
Hitch
Hitch Posts: 402
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, dinner was a huge success. Friends and family totally enjoyed wings for an appetizer and then filets from a Whole Beef Filet Mignon Tenderloin. I did not roast the head of the loin, rather I just stripped it into about 5 different very lean pieces cutting away all the fat and tendons. The body was cut into 6-7 steaks from 4 oz. to 12 oz. The Tail was cooked with the head strips as you can see in the first picture with wings.

I started with a good fire and seared the kids steaks (everything but the middle steaks). I took off the steaks and took her down to 375. Threw the wings on with the steak on the top extension with the virgin wings for the kids. Adult wings on the bottom. So good.

We love to feed the kids first(tonight there were 8 of them with our friends kids there), then throw a movie on upstairs and enjoy the rest of the evening with a little less stress. So, kids are fed and I took off the grate, threw on some new lump, and blow her wide open. T-Rexed the adult steaks to perfection if I do say so myself. Guests were amazed to say the least and like us more now than ever. They still do not believe me that there was just EVOO, salt, and Cracked Pepper on the steak. Baked potatoes, Baby LImas, Freshly picked watermelon, and plain old sister shuberts rolls completed the dinner. I couldn't even stuff in a homemade chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Pictures are below. I am bummed that I will be off the egg for about a week recovering from Elbow surgery tomorrow morning. Ironically, tonight felt like my last meal.
Thanks to all (especially mad max) for earlier input today.

steakandchicken.jpg

Below is the view from the chimney at about 775 degrees. Bout melted my camera.
Viewfromabove.jpg

These were just so tender and flavorful!
Searingsteak.jpg

Comments