Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Large Egg Owner

Options
Soccer Guy
Soccer Guy Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally did it, wife out to the country for the next 2.5 weeks and can't stop me now, famous last words. My Son and I had a blast doing some wings and fish, but my daughter thinks the egg looks stupid. Now when her friends (male) came over they thought it was the coolest grill ever and the wings smelled great, so I just had to let them try'em out. They loved em.[p]Here is the deal I got and happy with it at $699:
LBGE
Cover
Dome Therm
Grate Lifter
Egg Nest
Dual function Daisy Wheel
Stainless Steel Draft Door[p]What other accessories do I need to get, especially for indirect cooking? I already own a Polder, don't need that.[p]I have had a profile on this site for awhile, how can it be updated?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Soccer Guy,
    You may wish to get a plate setter. It makes indirect cooks easy to set up and is great for making pizza (with a pizza stone on top). Legs up, you can put a drip pan on it and then put the grid on top of the legs. Legs down, you put the pizza stone on it and the stone will be at the level of the opening so you can get the pies in and out a lot more easily than if the stone is down in the egg.[p]You may also wish to view my website page on cracked fireboxes, so that you are emotionally prepared for when it happens. It is a rite of passage, so you should look forward to it![p]Updates to the profile are done manually, so just go their, make your update and then wait.....[p]TNW

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's FAQ On Cracked Fireboxes[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Soccer Guy,
    Welcome. You already know th eforum is the place to be if you have a question.
    Again, welcome to our world.

• Soccer Guy
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Thanks for the info. I checked out your site and it was fun, entertaining and has good info to boot.
  • Marine Cook
    Options
    Soccer Guy,[p]If you plan on doing any long cooks i.e. pulled pork or brisket overnight you may be interested in a wireless remote thermometer. I use a Maverick ET-7 Remote Check transmitter and receiver set, it can transmit up to 100 feet, 2 sensor probes to monitor 2 different foods or food and dome temps, monitors both time and temperature, registers temperature from 14F to 410F, beeps when ready. I bought mine at the following link with free shipping and no tax. I couldn't find a better price on the dual probe model. Best of all you dont have to leave that warm bed to check your temps.[p]http://www.fantes.com/thermometers.htm[p]Hope this helps, Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Soccer Guy,
    Welcome! That's what this is all about...fun, entertaining and great food.
    Since TNW has already suggested the plate setter, I'll suggest a bigger freezer. Funny how the female child thought it strange looking yet when the male friends arrived and tasted the food, all was better! Enjoy!