Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Replacement Gasket??

Options
Ala-Egg
Ala-Egg Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help please,
Last night I was cooking wings and was holding the grid in one hand with wings on it and taking the platesetter off with the other, platesetter was burning through my glove and had to rest it on the gasket, which was a mistake, melted it. My question is where can I get a new gasket? Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    I just ordered a new one from the dealer i bought my egg from.

BGE has a new gasket that all dealers don't know about. Be sure to ask him to order the new one.
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 162
    Options
    Is there a place I can order it on-line?
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    There are dealers/forum participants who have web sites, but I don't know them. My local dealer is so convenient. I'm sure someone will chime in that can help. Forum seems slow today, so be patient.
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    You might try this address to put you in the right direction...

Customer-Support@BigGreenEgg.com
  • Hot Stuff
    Hot Stuff Posts: 82
    Options
    why don't you try calling "the Mothership" retail store in Atlanta....770-934-5300
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    There are a couple of solutions.

For full replacement get a Nomex from BGE direct use the phone number provided in Flirting With Fire's post above.

If you gasket is good condition other than your burn you could buy, beg, borrow or steal a short piece of felt gasket and replace the burnt section.

If repairing a burn, I would get a razor blade or razor knife and cut the felt at each end of the burn.

Pull of the burnt felt from the rim - just tug it off. Get some Oops! remover and put it on the remaining furry felt. Using a stiff narrow putty/scrapper clean off the bad section. Use a little more Oops! and some paper towl and clean off the rim. Get some Acetone (fingernail remover - 100% acetone) and final clean the exposed rim.

Take the new gasket material and snug it to one side of the splice, don't streach, but fill in the splice and using a razor blade again cut the new gasket for a tight fit.

You are done and the patch will be great.

GG