Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

short beef ribs

Marvelous
Marvelous Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to cook short beef ribs never did before please give me your suggestions on the edgg and what spice you have used thanks and type of cook direct indirect and or raised grid

Comments

• Fireball II
    Fireball II Posts: 213
    Hey FlaPoolman had some beef rib post yesterday. You may want to check them out also some great pics.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i followed this procedure for the most part yesterday::

Beef, Ribs, Short, Pharmeggist

Beantown Egger,Hey I slow cooked 6 pounds beef short ribs this weekend. I made my own marinade this weekend and soaked them in it overnight.

INGREDIENTS:
    6 Lbs Beef, Short Ribs
    3 Tbs lemon juice
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1/4 cup olive oil
    3 Tbs honey
    1 tsp cayenne pepper (red pepper)
    1 tsp ground black pepper

Procedure:
    1 I cooked them indirectly using my plate setter legs up with grill grate on top and aluminum pan underneath to catch juices. THe temp I stablesized the BGE was at 250 degrees. I used my Rib rack and put them in it with the bone down. P.S. I trimmed the excess fat off the ribs and pulled the membrane of the bones with a knife after the marinade process was complete. I used Bad Byrons "Butt Rub" on them too before placing them in the grill. I cooked indirect 250 degrees for 3.5 hours uncovered and cooked 1.5 hours wrapped in foil. They were awesome!! I used Johnny Harris BBQ Sauce and Cattlemens Mustard BBQ sauce after cook adding it last and foiling them on the counter for about 20 minutes. Good luck!

Recipe Type
    Beef, Main Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Pharmeggist, 12/03/06

but mine were not short

2008-07-13004.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Here is a couple of links to yesterdays Beef ribs. The ones that went 6 hrs were a lot more tender. Many ways to spice and or marinate and get good ribs.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=476696&catid=1

The last 2

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=476822&catid=1