Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Liddle Friday Loins

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did some southwestern tenderloin, sweet taters tonight.. added some fresh cucumber in ranch dressing (low cal :/), fresh tomatoes, squash and homemade apple sauce with a cinnamon sugar topping...pretty tasty for a liddle friday dinner :woohoo: :woohoo: cooked about 45 mins direct at 375 on the small w/CI grate...
071008Loins001.jpg
071008Loins002.jpg

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    That looks absolutely delicious - you have me cravin' sweet taters now!

Cheers,

TRex
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Hey Eggtucky, So what are you really gonna cook when it is really friday instead of thursday. One too many bourbons I suppose :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Still a great looking cook regardless of the day!!
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Thanks man and while the sweet taters are delicious..you gotta try this southwestern rub for a tenderloin..some o the best I've eaten!

Southwestern Grilled Pork Tenderloin
    Ingredients
    2 Fresh Tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lb total)
    5 tsp chili powder
    1 1/2 tsp oregano
    3/4 tsp ground cumin
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 tbsp vegetable oil

Cooking Instructions
    1. Mix seasonings and vegetable oil together in small bowl. Rub mixture over all surfaces of tenderloins. Place in large resealable bag. Refrigerate tenderloins 2 to 4 hrs.
    2. Preheat egg to medium-hot (375-400 dome) direct. Grill tenderloins, turning occassionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until done (internal temp 155-165d F)

Slice tenderloins into medallions. Serve with grilled corn on the cob and marinated black bean salad or sides of choice.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    hehe..we call Thursday 'liddle Friday' here...as for real Friday..not to worry...I gotta couple 1 3/4" thick prime NY strips marinadin in a bourbon/soy sauce marinade for Friday ;) :P :woohoo:
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    Looks good. That potatoe on the left looks like my uncle Mort :laugh:
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! Dem looks like good vittles!
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    You learn something new everyday on this forum. Are the steaks before or after golf. What time is dinner.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    No golf tomorrow or Saturday :angry: :( ..work tomorrow and wife says I gotta clean out the garage saturday!!..grrr....dinner is between 6 and 7 pm CST tomorrow ;)
  • BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Options
    So how long you marinating those NY strips? 50/50 soy-bourbon?
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    I try to marinade overnight in the following:

* 1 cup bourbon
    * 1 cup soy sauce
    * 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    * 2 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
    * 2 cloves garlic, minced
    * 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

Then after the Trex I usually dust with some raisin the steaks or cowlick after the rest...as I take them off I put a tablespoon of pre-made cracked pepper and butter on each steak to melt during the 5 min rest..all I do is melt a stick of butter and add cracked pepper to it and put back in the fridge...stir it every half hour or so till firm so the pepper doesnt settle to the bottom..then scoop out and place on the hot steak as it comes off the egg...
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I feel for you. I have been resisting cleaning our garage for years. My view is if only your garage needs cleaning your better than 99% of the rest and you can clean it before you sell. A few years ago we were thinking of selling and all the realtor could suggest was to paint the inside of our garage. My house is 35 years old nobody has painted the inside of garage why should I?
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    haha..that's awesome!..only one other occassion I can think of..son just bought a house and moved out..so now she has the 'clean up the nest' thing going and is ridin my arse to do the cleanin!! :blink: :angry: :blink:
  • ewillie
    ewillie Posts: 155
    Options
    I've used a similar butter mixture, but my wife likes me to mix in some gorgonzola cheese before refrigerating, I have to say it's darn good.

Erik
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Something else you can do...instead of melting the butter, just let it soften, add the pepper, gorgonzola, whatever you want, mix it all up in a food processor, scoop it out, and form a "log" and wrap in waxed paper. Then, when you do steaks, you just pull out the now refrigerated and solid "log" and slice off a pat for the steak.

Works like a charm...
  • ewillie
    ewillie Posts: 155
    Options
    MMMMMmmmmmm......Gorgonzola log.....