Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drunken Tenderloin

Options
Kelly Keefe
Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Local grocery had a sale on beef tenderloins so last nights supper was a variation of the Smoke & Spice Drunken Tenderloin. Marinated the loin in 1/2 cup brandy, 1/4 cups each of Lea & Perrins and Soy Sauce, and minced garlic. Seared loin on stove (be careful not to torch the brandy!) and transferred to a 225° Egg for two hours. Turned and mopped loin every half hour with reduced marinade. Goood stuff![p]Kelly
Jefferson City, MO

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Kelly Keefe, I usually use different variations also. Haven't found a bad one yet. Do I remember correctly about you going to Chiefs games or not?[p]CWM

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    Hi Mike![p]No, I'm not a football fan. Being from Jefferson City, that's pretty close to heresy, but there it is. (Email RRP and ask him about Jeff City, Pete Adkins and football)[p]I was in the marching band in high school where we learned that football exists solely to provide a venue for marching bands -- grin! [p]Went to a couple of Cardinal games (which should tell you how LOOONG ago that was), but that was pretty much an excuse to ride on a custom bus and drink. (The only way to go IMHO -- the guy who asked us along had the Budwiser dealership from St. Louis south to the Arkansas border and as far west to Cape) when we'd run out of beer we'd stop, he'd run into someplace and come out with a couple of cases shouting over his shoulder "I'll have a driver replace this tomorrow!") I shudder to think of the "accomodations" on that bus...[p]In our house, the wife watches the game and I cruise FoodTV in the other room.[p]Kelly