Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first pizzas........

EgginDawg
EgginDawg Posts: 747
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After a stern urging from the gang that met at Matthews last Thursday I went to the Mothership and bought a pizza stone- among other goodies :ohmy:
So Saturday night I went ahead and decided to give it a go. I did wuss out and bought the dough and premade sauce at Publix instead of going from scratch. The first pizza I placed on a solid pizza pan since I didn't have a peel to remove it:
Here it is precook:
IMG_0015.jpg
Here it is on the BGE:
IMG_0018.jpg
Here is the final product:
IMG_0019.jpg
The first one came out pretty well except the bottom crust needed a little more cooking- not as crispy as I'd like.
The second pizza I made was placed on a Cuisinart pizza pan that has little 1/8 inch holes all over the bottom. This was much better as the crust was perfect and all of it was done but not overcooked.
Here it is:
IMG_0020.jpg

The family loved the pizzas and I look forward to going crazy with the different items/ combos that can be made.
Thanks for the encouragement North Georgia Eggers!

Comments