I am a newbie and I did a butt several weeks ago. I had removed my drip pan, but did not unwrap the foil I had placed around the platesetter after the cook. In the meantime it has rained and rained here in the midwest.
I opened my XLG BGE just now to prep for some pork spare ribs (not baby back) and got quite the surprise. There was bluish mold all over the top grate and there is a little bit of mold around the top of the fire ringand just a little bit on the felt. I have hand washed the top grate, but what do you suggest I do about the other mold. Take the innards apart for a good cleaning or just fire up the Egg and 'autoclave' it? I am not a microbiologist.........but I am concerned the felt area will not get hot enough to sterilize the egg. HELP!