Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning plate setter.

Options
leebo57
leebo57 Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have any advice on cleaning a few excess drippings off the plate setter? I had one drip pan under two butts. Needless to say, a few drippin's missed the pan. I couldn't fit a larger on e in my egg.
Oh, by the way, my first butts were awesome!! Elder ward's recipe is great.
Enjoy the rest of yall's Holiday weekend.

Leebo

Comments

• mattm
    mattm Posts: 56
    Options
    a putty knife should work
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I usually run the temps up after a low-and-slow to burn off the stuff on the grate and the plate setter. If you let it go long enough, the gunk on the plate setter (and the grates) will get crunchy/crispy and will brush off nicely :) I've found that to be the best method for for removing the greasy stuff.

Glad to hear that the pork butts turned out well!
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Cook a pizza.

Basically, you put the platesetter in legs down with a pizza stone. Don't use just any pizza stone as it might break.

Get the temp up to 550-600 and the pizzas take about 8-12 mins.

You will be amazed at how clean the EGG will be.

Greg
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    wouldn't that allow all the nasties in the smoke you are burning off to enter the pizza??
  • Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Options
    I use my Weber when the plate setter get's real nasty. I place my grids, the large, mdium and small down, place the setter legs yp and let it crank on high. The Weber is great for that.Lot's of smoke though.