Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help with DigiQ

run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
edited 6:16AM in EggHead Forum
Help! ! Panic attack! I'm trying to do a test cook with chicken breasts and the DigiQ - right out of the gate, the probes won't work - I'm getting a - - - on the display for food and pit temps. I've unplugged the power, unplugged and replugged and checked the probe plugs. Nothing works. The fan is working and I can run through the menu system - it just won't display a temp. At first it was showing a ridiculously low pit temp dropping one degree at a time, then the display went to the - - -. I've emailed Fred but I'm thinking with the holiday I may not get a quick response and perhaps one of you have been through this. can anyone help? My Butt is in danger!!
·

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Stick it back in the box and fly by the seat of your pants. It will make for some very good chicken.
    ·
  • Push the probes in FIRMLY...

Spacey
    ·
  • run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    I flew by the seat of my pants and the chicken was good - but again, the chicken was just a test bed, so to speak. And I did push the probes in firmly -

Oddly, if I took the pit probe and the food probe out they registered the ambient temps - but the minute they were put into the food and the pit they went back to the --- display. I sure hope Fred gets back to me soon!
    ·
  • KnaufKnauf Posts: 337
    The first time I tried mine I turned on the transmitter (probe side) and put the battery door back on then I turned on the receiver and got the same thing. The directions say to turn them on within a minute of each other. Now I just turn on the trans and then rec and then ;ut the battery cover on and I haven't had any trouble.
    ·
  • run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    We must have different devices - I have no battery cover. I have the BBQ Guru DigiQ II - is that what you have?
    ·