Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chop Results

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had two lamb chops, 1 inch thick, 4 inches long on the longest side. Little guys. Rubbed them with (in order of volume): Hickory Molasses Char Crust, Rosmemary, Tellicherry Black Pepper, Kosher Salt, Thyme, Oregano, Cayenne. Seared at 700 on baby humpty, 2 minutes side one (noticed it was pretty black when I flipped), 1 minute side two. Transferred to large egg stabilized at 275, shoved polder in. After 12 minutes, polder went from 120 to 140. Pulled off, put them on plate with my potato salad, and went to town with the fork and regular dinner knife.[p]MAN O MAN!!!!!! They were perfect. Medium Rare, and OH so tender. Nice lamb flavor (I can still taste it). Why did I wait so long. Good thing I am home alone tonight, cuz I was diggin' at them bones!! I think at one time the end on the bone went up my nose a bit! I was tryin to get that super tender piece in the corner![p]Lamb more often!! They would be great for lunch, being so small.[p]Taste buds still smiling
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments