Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I endeavored spatchkock Chicken

Options
Cpt'n Cook
Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
and it came out well. 400 deg. did not flip about 1hr 15 mins. for everything, onions are in foil.
GhickenPotatoesOnions.jpg
skin crisped up nicely with Jamaican Firewalk.

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL very pretty!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Nice looking yardbird, Cap'n. I've only spatchcocked one bird, and I wasn't overly impressed, but then I realized I did it direct. Seeing yours, I know I have to try it again.

DSC01082.jpg
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Spatchcock is a great way to get up your EGG confidence. It is an amazing product with little effort.

Looks great!!

Greg
  • JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    I do them direct here on a raised grid 400 to 450f usually takes about a hour and fifteen minutes to get done. Turns out great each time with crisp skin, I do let it sit uncovered in the fridge to dry out the skin before I season it. I pull when the breast is 160, I have forgotten it and it went over some. The egg seems to be very forgiving on chicken cause it was still really moist.

6408001.jpg

6408002.jpg

6408003.jpg
    Good eggn to ya