Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Re Heating pulled pork

Ike WittIke Witt Posts: 195
edited 8:53AM in EggHead Forum
Need some advice / suggestions for re heating pulled
pork. thanks

allen

Comments

• DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Heat it up in a pot with some Coka Cola. Not Diet, but the boy variety. Sounds wierd, but it works every time.
  • After I pull a butt off the BGE, I will shred immediately and put into a large aluminum pan and hold in the oven which keeps things warm. For the day after, I will put the pan back in the oven at about 250 degrees, but I like to sprinkle the pork with my rub and mix that back in. As the pork fat heats up and mixes with the rub...it's even better the second day.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    I prefer reheating it in a covered pan, but vacuum bags in hot water work good too.

A poll of Barbecuists regarding popular reheating liquids revealed the following in order of popularity.

PULLED PORK
    Apple juice + cooking juice
    Apple juice + chicken broth
    Coca-Cola
    Apple juice + cooking juice + cider vinegar
    Coca-Cola + chicken broth
    Coca Cola + BBQ sauce
    Apple juice
    Apple juice + cider vinegar
    Dr. Pepper + cooking juice
    RC Cola + sauce
    Cider vinegar + water