Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lamb Chops

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
edited 1:31PM in EggHead Forum
Bought a couple little lamb chops on sale, and have no clue how to season them. I assume I cook like a steak.[p]Make a rub with Rosemary/Thyme? Garlic?[p]I'll check the recipes, but thought y'all migt have some ideas.[p]Thanks
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
·

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Nature Boy:[p]Here is one suggestion: Rub with salt and pepper or Lawry's and oregano. Marinate in a little olive oil, crushed garlic and lemon juice (don't cheat yourself, get real lemons). Let the meat "swim" in the marinate and turn it a couple of times while in the ice box overnight. Grill at 350* or so until desired doneness.
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    djm5x9,
    How important is doing a marinade?? I was thinking of cooking them tonight!! Simple rub maybe.[p]350, not 700??[p]Thank you sir.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Nature Boy:[p]With your foodsaver, you can "marinate overnight in minutes".[p]I just do my lamb at 350*, but that is legs, shanks, etc. Grilling at 750* for chops is no different than steaks, right? Should work perfectly.

·
    djm5x9,
    Thanks. I made a rub with a little kosher salt, rosemary, thyme, tad of oregano, some garlic powder, and tellicharry black pepper, and a slash of cayenne. Gonna sear at 750 on humpty junior, and transfer immediately to a 300 degree large egg. Dwell for 10 -15 minutes, and we will see what happens. NEVER done lamb chops.[p]Cheers. Go terps. 8pm against UCLA. watch it.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • TeslamaniaTeslamania Posts: 144
    Nature Boy,[p]I love lamb. How thick are those chops anyway? Thyme is a great spice with lamb. Garlic powder, salt, pepper and thyme is also nice. Wonder what mustard would do? Try one with mustard and tell us what you think?

·
    Teslamania,
    I thought about mustard!
    Man, they semll good. Just got done the sear. 700 small egg. 2 minutes side 1. 1 minute side two, tranferred to large egg stabliazed at 275. Stuck polder in. Read 120. Will cook to 140 and remove.[p]Yum.
    Enjoy your Sat night.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • TeslamaniaTeslamania Posts: 144
    Nature Boy,[p]hope they were good!

·