Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib-BGE Style

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked my first prime rib, using a combo of the BGE recipe and the WISE One's cookbook. It was a melt in your mouth experience! Definetely one to do again! I have cooked many prime ribs, but this was one that will be remembered, simply because the BGE made the difference, with a lot of help from the Wise One's recipe book!

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Yes, Wise One is a true asset to the ceramic community.
    There is a lot of 'behind the scenes' that no one ever sees and he is always there recording, tireless, taking notes, revising....[p]So what wine did you choose for the prime rib? ... you being the wine man and all... I just have to ask.[p]WD[p]

• Hammer
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Didn't just have one wine, had three different ones. a wine with each course, although one would have sufficed.
    With the salad, I served Redwood Creek Sauvignon Blanc; with the prime rib and vegetables; I served Rancho Zabaco Dry Creek Zinfandel; and after dinner; a single vintage E & J. 25 year old brandy. I try to use wines that marry well with the food,and the ingredients used to cook what I or the wife use to prepare the food. Thats why Wise One's recipe book was so helpful.
    Thanks Woo for asking!
    Hammer
    [p][p][p][p][p][p][p]

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Hammer,
    The meal and wine sound excellent. Your guests were treated to a fine meal.[p]What time/temps, etc did you do the prime rib?

• Hammer
    Options
    Shelby,
    Cooked indirect @250, for approximately 1 1/2 hrs, or until the internal meat temperature was 150. This was a compromise, a little too done for me, but the wife and friends wanted it only slightly pink.
    Hammer