Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

posting reply in old topics.....

deepsouth
deepsouth Posts: 1,796
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i just posted in a thread about beer, but i don't see it on the first page. am i losing my mind?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    this forum doesnt bump up threads like some do, i believe most of us like to keep the new posts active so that folks get real time responses here. unlike some forums, when you post something here its usually answered within minutes, sometimes on the other forums out there you get replies months later after your answer is no longer needed
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • deepsouth
    so it's basically senseless to post in a topic that is not on the first or second page then right?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    some of us follow the last 25 page and your post showed up there but basically if theres a question its pretty easy to start a new post and get an answer quickly.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • deepsouth
    thanks for the helpful info!
  • If you click on "Active Topics", it will show you the topics someone posted to in the last 24 hrs. So, if you check that real quick, you might see an answer from a week or 2 ago.
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    That was my biggest beef with this forum too. Until, I learned that there is a setting that you can use to change it. At the top (under the fest banners) click on "Active thread first". That will order them based on the last response. It defaults to "Newest thread first".
  • deepsouth
    yeah, that is the setting i'm using, btu it doesn't seem to be working for me.
  • deepsouth
    nevermind.... i just figured out i need to change the number of past days from 3 to something else!

is there any way to make this the default number of days>?
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    That was my biggest beef with this forum too. Until, I learned that there is a setting that you can use to change it. At the top (under the fest banners) click on "Active thread first". That will order them based on the last response. It defaults to "Newest thread first".
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    That option seems to have disappeared ? I've seen it, I've used it but now it's gone.

oops -correction it only appears if you are at the contents page, rather than in a thread!