Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rain Protection Suggestions Needed

Ala-EggAla-Egg Posts: 162
edited 5:49PM in EggHead Forum
My patio in uncovered and I am going doing an overnight cook tonight, some rain in the forcast but the show must go on. I have seen a picture of a vent cap on here to put over the top of the egg. I looked at Lowe's and did not see one. I looked near the water heaters. Any suggestions where I need to look? Also, can anyone tell me the diameter of the large daisy wheel, I am at work, can't measure mine. Thanks for any help and suggestions!!

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    I made one out of a large metal coffee can, as shown on TNW website. It works fine.
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    My Miss Daisy is about 6-1/32" in maximum diameter - in other words, a hair over 6".
  • fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
    You should be able to purchase a 6" dia. vent rain cap
    in just about any hardware store. I live in a very small town and got one at my local h.w. store.

Mike
    Wrens, GA
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    I have a 7" stainless steel chimney liner cap that sits really nicely over the daisy cap. They are esy to get at a woodstove and fireplace shop.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ala-EggAla-Egg Posts: 162
    Is the picture under the build it section?
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,811
    When you go back look in the section where they have the endless racks of sheet metal duct work. Those caps are common and come in different shapes. Mine is a "coolie" style.
    IMG_1240.jpg
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • Ala-EggAla-Egg Posts: 162
    That is the pic I was asking about. Thank you.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,811
    does that come with or without a tetanus shot? :laugh:
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    LOL RRP.

They may only last a couple of uses, especially with the humidity where I live.